HEADSTART Technical Workshop
EU funded project HEADSTART is organising its first Technical Workshop on testing and assessment methods, tools and approaches for positioning, cyber-security and communication (V2X) in Connected and Automated Driving (CAD). The workshop will be held on 13 September 2019 at ERTICO – ITS Europe in Brussels, Belgium.
The purpose of this first workshop is to define relevant use cases for KETs and consult with stakeholders from the industry, research and standardisation bodies to:
- identify potential approaches for CAD functions assessment from cyber-security, communication (V2X) and positioning viewpoints, and KETs integration into CAD scenario tooling;
- learn about procedures successfully used in other domains or projects.
HEADSTART invites positioning, cyber-security and communication experts across all sectors to join in and discuss key stakeholders’ requirements. The project will also present preliminary output from the three related HEADSTART Working Groups.
In particular, discussions will be focused on the following topics:
- Standardization and regulation for assessment and certification
- The need for new testing methodologies: testing on component level, virtual testing, public road tests (for consumer testing and type approval)
- The introduction of high-resolution positioning (including absolute positioning) for autonomous functions
- Operational settings and metrics for V2X communication
- Cyber-security priority list and most crucial threats for CAD
The workshop will provide an opportunity for attendees to understand and provide feedback on the project proposed approaches and preliminary results, but also to guide the next stages of the project and get actively involved throughout. HEADSTART will establish an Expert Network with whom to engage for input and consultation on the project progress to advance CAD test methods, procedures and tools.
The workshop is free, but registration is required. Registration will open shortly. Click here for more information and the draft agenda.
HEADSTART (Harmonised European Solutions for Testing Automated Road Transport) is a new European initiative that aims to define testing and validation procedures on specific functionalities of Connected and Automated Driving (CAD). HEADSTART will select a technology-agnostic methodology and follow an integrated approach for analyzing the impact of Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) for CAD. Read more about HEADSTART on https://www.headstart-project.eu