Impact of Autonomous Vehicles on Public Transport
The rise of innovative mobility services and autonomous vehicles is bringing a radical alteration in the public transportation sector. Multiple alternative futures are possible and change is extremely rapid.
That is why AV America, with the support of Global Mass Transit (GMT), is organizing its first conference on the Impact of Autonomous Vehicles on Public Transport on 23 – 24 January 2019 in Palo Alto, California. The conference brings together a variety of experts, public authorities and stakeholders in general to assess the impact of AVs on the public transportation sector and develop solutions for mutually beneficial relationships. It will address issues in policy, planning, funding, technology, procurement, market development, testing and deployment of AVs.
Key question include:
- What is the near-term and long-term future of mobility?
- What are the different aspects of change caused by AV technology?
- What is the government’s plan and policy regarding adoption of AVs in transit?
- What should be the role of the transit agency as technologies change rapidly and a broad range of mobility options become available?
- How can agencies leverage benefits from the launch of AVs?
- How can transit agencies effectively influence policy in addressing social and ethical concerns regarding full-scale deployment of AVs?
- What are the costs and requirements of launching automated buses or BRTs? What support can be expected from the government and the private sector?
- What are the experiences of agencies testing AVs for transit applications?
- How can transit agencies effectively plan and launch AV testing?
More information about the event can be found here.